Friday, February 12, 2010

BEER #3 "Mystery Batch"

I didn't want to have to wait so long between the time when my current batch will be ready and my next batch will be ready so I started another batch today. I was feeling adventurous so I cobbled together my own recipe from ingredients that a friend who no longer brews had given me. I was aiming for a Belgian Pale Ale, but I at this point have no clue what I will end up with. Another friend who brews came over for about an hours during the beginning of the brew process, but I pretty much made this one on my own. I started by grinding my own specialty grains in a burr grinder that I borrowed from work. I planned to use 1# of Crystal Malt, but ended up using almost a pound and a half. I used a mixture of light and dark liquid malts because that is what I had on hand and they were free. The key ingredient for this recipe is my choice of yeast. I went with a yeast typically used in Belgian Whites. I am pretty excited to see how this one turns out. Once again, I will update as I progress through the brewing process.
-Foodstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment