Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mystery Batch Update

Update 03-08-2010 - I bottled the mystery batch on Friday. It actually smelled pretty good. I noticed a very pronounced alcohol sent, almost like a barley wine. I am not sure how to feel about this since my gravity readings would indicate a rather low alcohol content... Guess I will find out in a week or so.

I decided to take a gravity reading on the mystery batch today in hopes of bottling tomorrow. My OG was 1.046 on this beer and it has settled at 1.02 currently. Taking into consideration how incredibly dark this beer turned out, I am inclined to believe that their are quite a few un-fermentable solids and it has finished fermenting. I plan on bottling tomorrow, as planned. I did drink the beer that I used to for the gravity reading... I am not really sure that I want to pass judgement on it before carbonation. It does taste similar to the Wheat Beer that I brewed from a kit, and I ended up really liking that beer once it was bottled so we will see. Guess that is all for now.
-Foodstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment