Brewed up my first IPA on Sunday. Ned and Dan came over to "help". Started brewing a little after 1 pm and finished around 6 pm. Pretty good time for a 75 min boil and my second all-grain. Anyway, here is the recipe.
All Grain Recipe - Stone IPA::: 1.063/1.010 (5 Gal)
- 13 lbs. - 2 Row Pale Malt
- 1/2 lb. - Crystal Malt (10L)
- 1/2 lb. - Crystal Malt (20L)
- 1 oz - Magnum (75 Min.)
- 1 oz - Centennial - at Flameout
- 2 oz - Centennial - Dry Hop in secondary
- White Labs California Ale Yeast (WLP001) - 1800 ml starter
With about a pound of malt dextrine cause we wanted to experiment.
Mash at 150° to 152° for 60 min.
Sparge as usual
Boil for 75 minutes
Cool and ferment at 66° to 68°
I always forget to take enough pictures, but here are a few.
This is pretty much what Ned and Dan did for the majority of the five hours that we brewed.
Here is the brew just before the first Hops addition.
Little tough to add a blow-off tube to this air-lock.
And finally, a shot of all of my beer.
Original gravity ended up at about 1.072.
That is all for now.