Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Update Beer #4
When I checked on my beer today I noticed that there was little to no activity in the Oatmeal Stout. I decided to transfer it to a secondary fermentor in order to rack off of any old dead yeast, and encourage further fermentation. I did strain this beer into the primary so initially there should have been very little sediment, however after only four days in the primary at least two inches of yeast and sediment had settled to the bottom of the bucket. Hopefully the absence of all that build up will give the yeast some new life. I did not take a gravity reading today, only because I am sure that it is nowhere near my target yet. I noticed that this beer has an interesting fruity aroma that I was not expecting, but it smells great and looks pretty good too. I am getting pretty excited for this beer, although I am not really expecting anything to fabulous due to my less that stellar efficiency, but I guess I'll find out in about three weeks!